[Web-SIG] Quixote/SCGI -- adapters for WSGI.

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sat Nov 27 09:16:23 CET 2004

Hi all,

I spent some time today implementing a generic WSGI <--> Quixote
application adapter ('QWIP') and a generic SCGI <--> WSGI server adapter
('SWAP') [0].  Respectively these allow you to easily run any Quixote
application inside of a WSGI server, and also run any WSGI application
inside of a SCGI server.

See http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/transfer/qwsgi/README.html for info
and grab the source (+ some examples) at

        http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/transfer/qwip-and-swap-26.11.04.tar.gz

I'd like to thank Phillip Eby for writing such a nice PEP; it really
made life easier, and anything I've missed is solely through my own
carelessness!

As far as I can tell w/o more serious testing, these should be fully
functional adapters.  I started with the simple CGI code examples
in the PEP & branched out from there. QWIP, the application adapter
for Quixote, runs under both SWAP and the CGI adapter in the PEP.  SWAP
executes all of my QWIP test programs as well as the simple "hello,
world" application code in the PEP.

I would be interested in finding out how well these work for other
WSGI-ers, and I'm happy to serve as a collection point for problem
reports or patches.  If the code is useful hopefully I can pass it
on to the involved projects...

cheers,
--titus

[0] http://www.advogato.org/person/titus/diary.html?start=9 for the