[Web-SIG] WSGI adoption

Dave Warnock david at sundayta.com
Fri Nov 26 03:31:30 CET 2004

Phillip,

> Jim Fulton (aka the Zope Pope) is most interested in WSGI for the
> ability to run Zope under Twisted and mod_python.  In the long run,
> they'd like to also replace their Medusa-based email/FTP/etc. servers
> with Twisted ones.

That is great for all these projects. Zope gets a variety of options for
deployment. All the others get some heavy load testing done.

This is a win win situation.

>> Zope 3 could be a WSGI application;
>

> There's a prototype application wrapper in the 'zope.app.wsgi' package
> on the Zope X3 subversion trunk.  It's not ready for prime time just
> yet, though.  The thing that made me realize how badly we need a
> deployment configuration format pretty badly, was when I was trying to
> help the volunteer who wrote 'zope.app.wsgi', and it became obvious that
> people were going to have to write Python scripts to glue the thing into
> a web server.  Ultimately, that Just Won't Do, certainly not for Zope's
> audience.

Agreed. We need configuration and I think we need it in v1.0 of the Pep.

Thanks

Dave
--
David Warnock: Sundayta Ltd. http://www.sundayta.com