[Web-SIG] WSGI and Configuration

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sat Nov 13 00:03:51 CET 2004

Has anyone thought about what configuration might look like in a WSGI
context?  I'd like to set up some interface where configuration can be
shared between frameworks.  It's also important to me that configuration
can be local in some fashion, not process- or installation-wide.  For
instance, override some configuration values for a specific URL hierarchy.

Maybe the most obvious way would be something like
environ['config.dict'], which would be a two-level dictionary (sections
and keys), reminiscent of a .ini file.  It might not be an actual
dictionary, to more easily allow configurations to be layered and unlayered.

But that's not very sophisticated, so I'm curious if anyone has any
thoughts?  I'm not too concerned with config file formats or anything;
I'd like this to be neutral with respect to that (if that's possible,
which I'm not sure), I'm mostly thinking about the API to the
configuration at this point.