[Web-SIG] Shameless self promotion, and serious question.

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Mar 17 06:59:07 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:58:42AM +0000, Aaron Brady wrote:
> Rather than come up with YAPWF (Python Web Framework), what would be
> people's thoughts on stripping down Quixote to it's bare minimum (I'm
> thinking, removing PTL and letting people use what they want;

Note that PTL is already optional; simply never import and call
enable_ptl(), and the PTL import hook is never installed.  As you've
discovered, it's not too difficult to use alternative templating schemes;
you've used Cheetah, and I wrote up a recipe for using ZPT
(http://www.quixote.ca/qx/TemplatingWithZpt).  The ptl_compile and
ptl_import modules only add up to around 500 lines, so it wouldn't reduce
the code size of Quixote very much.

--amk