[Web-SIG] Asynchronous HTTP server in standard library ?

Graham Fawcett fawcett at teksavvy.com
Tue Jan 13 21:45:41 EST 2004

Pierre Quentel wrote:

>>Graham Fawcett just made a subset of Medusa for inclusion in Quixote; it
>>came out to four files (http_server.py, producers.py, logger.py and
>>http_date.py).  Possibly logger.py can be discarded, and if desired we
>>

>could
>

>>probably reduce the number of modules further by merging them.
>>

>I saw the discussion on the Quixote mailing list, concluding in favour of
>this subset of medusa instead of SimpleAsyncHTTPServer. It was certainly the
>best choice for Quixote, but I don't know for the standard library. Where
>can we find the 4 files ?
>Thanks,
>Pierre

At the end of the day, it turned out be be a few more than 4 files;
there were some "imports" halfway through the source file that I missed
when I made the four-files assertion. Ah well.

My goal was to strip out files that were non-essential to the HTTP
server. There's still a lot of unused code in the remaining modules that
ought to be cleaned out (whether for Quixote's purposes or others).

The pared-down Medusa is available at
http://fawcett.medialab.uwindsor.ca/quixote/medusa_patch.tar.gz.

-- G