[Web-SIG] WSGI Utils & SCGI/Quixote.

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Dec 1 01:04:50 CET 2004

-> > My experience highlights an issue that needs to be dealt with by any
-> > WSGI server code.  Several app frameworks -- Quixote Webware, and Zope,
-> > for example -- expect to be handed control of an entire URL tree.
->
-> I handled this control issue using the following code:
->
-> # Magic dictionary for WSGIServer.
->
-> class MagicDict:
->     def __init__(self, handler):
->         self.handler = handler
->     def has_key(self, name):
->         return 1
->     def __getitem__(self, name):
->         return self.handler
->
-> When such an object is passed to WSGIServer, the specified handler always gets
-> control, although it'd surely be preferable for so-called "WSGI middleware"
-> to manage the URL space.

this still has the problem that env["SCRIPT_NAME"] and env["PATH_INFO"]
aren't munged appropriately, no?  I know this would be a problem with
Quixote, not sure about the rest.

--titus