[Web-SIG] Regarding the WSGI draft

Ben Sizer brsizer at kylotan.eidosnet.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 15:18:57 CEST 2004

Paul Boddie wrote:

> It's an interesting point that I'll hint at briefly below that
 > it isn't exactly coincidence that the most popular
 > Java frameworks are all based on the Servlet API in some way.

I'd certainly argue that it's no coincidence that the Servlet API - from
what I can see - has built in support for sessions, handling form data,
query strings, etc.

What worries me about the talk on this list is that people are aspiring
to give Python web development all the complexity of the Java
methodology with almost none of the convenience!

Personally I think that Java Servlets are still too low-level for your
average web developer, so to see the implication that they're too
high-level and therefore somehow limiting framework diversity is worrying.

--
Ben Sizer