[Web-SIG] WSGI - alternative ideas

Mark Nottingham mnot at mnot.net
Sat Aug 14 20:25:25 CEST 2004

+1

FWIW, I really like this; I'm going to code something up and see how it
goes, but from a first look, this is *exactly* what the world needs.

My comments so far (based on revision 1.1):

  - in general, it would be helpful if references to external specs and
constructs they define (e.g., CGI, HTTP, URI) had explicit links and
section numbers, so we all are talking about the same things.

- in "The start_response() Callable", trailing CRs or LFs are
forbidden; what about those inside the text? Multi-line HTTP headers
are legal...

- it would be helpful if you gave distinguished names to the different
callables flying around, and perhaps included an illustration; it gets
confusing.

- could you talk a bit about the choice of using an environment
dictionary for requests? In particular, I understand that CGI-style
environment variables makes things easy for CGI implementations,
potentially at the expense of others; why not do a list of tuples -- in
the style that you describe for response headers?

Cheers,