[Web-SIG] Random thoughts

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Oct 31 18:50:36 EST 2003

On Oct 31, 2003, at 5:42 PM, Bill Janssen wrote:
>> Simon wants to differentiate between where a variable comes from;
>> http://example/?password=foo is treated differently than when
>> the 'password' variable is specified in the body of a POST.
>>
>> --amk
>
> That makes more sense, but I don't see the connection to GET and POST.
> Thanks.

A more accurate description would be "URL parameters" or "query
parameters" instead of GET.  Though POST variables really are POST
variables (request body parameters, maybe, but that's kind of
confusing).  And if you have POST, it's a natural tendency to consider
the "opposite" of POST as GET and call them GET variables.