[Web-SIG] htmlgen

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Oct 29 16:29:52 EST 2003

On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 03:12 PM, Gregory (Grisha)
Trubetskoy wrote:
> Should HTML-generating capability a la HTMLgen go on the missing list
> as
> well?

It seems like a good candidate -- it's been around a long time (in one
form or another), its scope is very defined, and it's something people
often look for.

HTMLgen has some quirkiness to it, though.  It's not as tight as a
simple HTML generator could be.  Would it make sense to use a more
minimal XML generator, that could also do XHTML generation (maybe with
a little validation thrown in)?  Is there any library like this already
included in Python xml packages?  I do like generating HTML with a
Python syntax (when in-code HTML generation is called for).

Quixote's PTL has some stuff related to this as well (at least related
to quoting), but I don't remember much about it.