[Web-SIG] Threading and client-side support

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Oct 28 12:25:54 EST 2003

[background for python-dev-ers: In the process of making my client-side
cookie module a suitable candidate for inclusion in the standard library,
I'm trying to make it thread-safe]

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 amk at amk.ca wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:35:33AM +0000, John J Lee wrote:
> > Thanks.  So, in particular, httplib, urllib and urllib2 are thread-safe?
>
> No idea; reading the code would be needed to figure that out.

That might not be helpful if the person reading it (me) has zero threading
experience ;-)

I certainly plan to gain that experience, but surely *somebody* already
knows whether they're thread-safe?  I presume they are, broadly, since a
couple of violations of thread safety are commented in urllib2 and urllib.
Right?

John