[Web-SIG] Moving forward

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Fri Oct 24 23:20:19 EDT 2003

I get the feeling that so far most of what has been posted to this list
has been water under the bridge. I would be delighted to see this SIG
succeed, and to that end here is my proposal of a first baby step.

Problem:

The scope of this SIG seems so broad that I doubt any single member of
this list has a good grasp on more than half of what the SIG covers.
Frankly, it's not clear what the scope is.

Proposed Resolution:

Begin defining the scope in detail.

Once we agree on general categories, we can start playing with it by
looking at what presently exists in stdlib in each cateogry, what exists,
but not in stdlib, and what does not exist.

Once we have a clear scope, we can talk about a PEP.

I think we can start with the at least the following general categories:

o HTML Parsing and Generation
o XML Parsing and Generation
o An HTTP Server
o An HTTP Client
o SSL
o A general interface to an HTTP server for web apps
o PSP Standards and Implementation

Grisha