[Web-SIG] Form field dictionaries

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Oct 24 23:01:41 EDT 2003

On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 08:59 PM, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy
wrote:
[GET vs. POST semantics...]
> At first I thought this was completely wacky and didn't belong in an
> RFC
> at all. But having read it a couple of times, I'm thinking that they
> are
> referring here to *browser implementations*, not web apps, so I don't
> think it's relevant to our discussion.

It's very relevant to web applications, but not to the environment in
which those applications are written.  It's not relevant to our work
here.

In reference to the rest of the discussion -- I think it's enough to
say that some people want to distinguish (sometimes) between these two
types of variables.  Simon is not the only one.  It should be an
option, because it's not hard to do.  We're not telling people how to
write their applications, we're giving them the tools to write their
applications as they choose, and this is a valid way to write an
application.