[Web-SIG] [server-side] request/response objects

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Fri Oct 24 18:36:18 EDT 2003

> When you stop and think about it: *every* request object will have a
> matching response object. Why have two objects if they come in pairs? You
> will never see one without the other, and they are intrinsically tied to
> each other. So why separate them?

Mainly because they are two separate concepts.  For instance, in my
code, I always pass two arguments; one is the response, which the user
manipulates to send back something to the caller, and the other is the
request, which is basically a dictionary of all parameter values, plus
a few extra special ones like 'path'.

Bill