[Web-SIG] Client-side API

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Fri Oct 24 18:20:49 EDT 2003

> Ugh. One of the things I love about Python is that unlike Java it
> doesn't force you to have horribly verbose interfaces with dozens of
> different classes. A URL is a string, file-like-objects are

I agree that the Java standard library is horrible, and mainly because
of all the different variations on different classes (plus the
horrible lack of (1) multiple inheritance, and (2) operator
overloading).  However, classes are a useful way to partition an API
-- I'm not ready to give up on them yet.

Bill