Fwd: Re: [Web-SIG] Client-side support: what are we aiming for?

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Fri Oct 24 15:12:26 EDT 2003

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, David Fraser wrote:
> Thijs van der Vossen wrote:
[...]
> Actually HTML parsing would be fantastic for testing web applications,
> so maybe that could be related to the Web API.

There's already HTML parsing in the std lib, of course.  Do you mean a
DOM-like API of some kind?  What in particular?  I'm not certain there
would be agreement about what is needed.

> The parsing doesn't have to be very intelligent or do validation, HTML
> syntax is fairly simple.
[...]

Hmm, well, it's simple when it's valid, and especially when it doesn't
miss out optional tags, etc.  Could you specify more closely what you have
in mind?

John