[Web-SIG] some thoughts

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Oct 23 11:37:13 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 11:17, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> What I would really like to see come out of this SIG is an agreement to
> work towards developing a set of standards, rather than a bunch of code.

/Some/ code wouldn't hurt, but I definitely agree that the early focus
of the SIG should be on standards, much like the db-sig came up with
DB-API 1.0 and 2.0.  E.g. I'd really like for my CGI based scripts to be
written against a CGI-API that would Just Work in mod_python, Twisted,
Zope, CGIHTTPServer, etc, etc.

-Barry