[Web-SIG] Client-side support: what are we aiming for?

amk at amk.ca amk at amk.ca
Thu Oct 23 09:58:57 EDT 2003

What's the scope of improving client-side HTTP support?

I suggest aiming for something you could write a web browser or web scraper
on top of. That means storing and returning cookies from the server, writing
them to a file, and a page cache that handles HTTP's cache expiration rules.
HTML formatting is out of scope, but a specialized parser for extracting a
list of form elements or for picking apart a table might not be.

Does anyone want to produce a feature list and proposed design?

--amk