[Web-SIG] Random thoughts

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Tue Nov 4 22:09:10 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Greg Ward wrote:

> On 03 November 2003, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy said:
>
> > with the query string
> > overriding posted data.
>
> Hang on a sec.  I thought everyone agreed that POST data should override
> query data.  Am I badly misremembering, or did you have brainfart?

I've since changed my mind on it (it's in some later post). :-)

My latest position is:

[as opposed to overriding] they get combined in a list [same as multiple
inputs with same name].

I also think that the order of items in the combined list should be
documented as "undefined", i.e. "don't rely on it, dear developer". :-)

Grisha