[Web-SIG] Random thoughts

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Nov 3 16:17:21 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
[...]
> I'd say -1 on postdata and querydata, because request.postdata sounds to
> me like the body of the POST and querydata sounds like the "stuff after
> question mark". The word "form" has to be in there.

But the query mapping doesn't necessarily *contain* any form data!

Maybe querymap and postmap?  queryfields and postfields?  queryinfo and
postinfo?

Surely we can agree on *something*!

[...]
> Also, form() *has* to be a method for this reason:

True (well, not *essential* in Python, but the sanest option).

> In case of POST, availability of form data implies that something consumes
> (reads) the request. Some people would prefer to read it themselves. A
[...]

So why not have .formdata(), .querydata() and .postdata() methods (however
you want to spell them) on request, rather than methods on whatever object
.formdata() returns?

John