[Types-sig] PyDL RFC 0.02

skaller skaller@maxtal.com.au
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 03:31:51 +1100

Paul Prescod wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:

> > I also think that we'd want to avoid "combining the declarations" of two
> > files.

	I don't think that this is possible. Separate interface
files seem necessary, if only for C extensions. Embedded
declarations seem important, at least to me.

> Then they shouldn't put declarations in their Python file.

	I agree.

> > And
> > the combination rules might be a bit hard to describe or handle (from the
> > human's standpoint).
>
> It's just concatenation! There is nothing hard about it.

	If that is so, please give the rules.
In particular, you will need to cover the issue of duplicate
declarations. In c and C++ in particular, these issues
turned out to be non-trivial.

--
John Skaller, mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au
10/1 Toxteth Rd Glebe NSW 2037 Australia