[Types-sig] Viper module compiler begun

skaller skaller@maxtal.com.au
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 05:01:35 +1100

Greg Stein wrote:

> >       Last time I tried that, it crashed unceremoniously.
> > Has that been fixed?
>
> Not much of a bug report. Get serious. How the heck should I know whether
> that particular bug has been fixed?
>
> "oh. it broke. fix it." *snort*
>
> As far as I know, P2C can successfully convert *any* module into a Python
> extension model.

Here's what I get with the latest version:
Did I do something wrong?

[root@ruby] ~/py2c>python gencode.py gencode.py __gencode.c _gencode.py
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "gencode.py", line 35, in ?
    genc.Generator(args[0], args[1], args[2])
  File "genc.py", line 91, in __init__
    tree = t.parsefile(input)
  File "transformer.py", line 176, in parsefile
    return self.parsesuite(file.read())
  File "transformer.py", line 166, in parsesuite
    return self.transform(parser.suite(text))
parser.ParserError: Could not parse string.

--
John Skaller, mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au
10/1 Toxteth Rd Glebe NSW 2037 Australia