[Types-sig] Python parser in Python?

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 07:18:29 -0600

Tim Peters wrote:

> John Aycock's extremely general (any CF grammar, ambiguous or not) parsing
> framework comes with a Python grammar.

It depends on Python's built-in lexer:

#
#  Why would I write my own when GvR maintains this one?
#
import tokenize

Doesn't that remove the possibility for new keywords?

The occasional act of disrespect for the American flag creates but a
flickering insult to the values of democracy -- unless it provokes
America into limiting the freedoms that are its hallmark.
           -- Paul Tash, executive editor of the St. Petersburg Times