[Types-sig] Keyword arg declarations

David Ascher da@ski.org
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 22:54:31 -0800

From: Tim Peters <tim_one@email.msn.com>
> I suggest you're wrestling with an illusion here:  Python *internally* has
> no such form of argument list as
>
>      range([start,] stop[, step])
>
> This is, that's just the way the *doc* is written, to make it clearer.

I know that.  However, I can imagine that it will be hard to justify to the
unwashed masses why they need to use seemingly unrelated syntax to describe
the signature for humans and the signature for the compiler.

I believe that you raise a similar point in another of your posts, w.r.t the
'int=int, ord=ord' extra junk in your function definition.

That said, I suspect that the issue is peripheral and rare enough that I
needn't worry.

--da