[Types-sig] New syntax?

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:25:47 -0800

Greg Stein wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> >... example syntax for a Python syntax to declare interfaces ...
>
> Ah. Good. That is better than your/Paul's previous suggestions.

and

> Tim has come up with a good first pass. If we can formalize that (and I'd
> like to tweak it), then we have the basis we need to move forward.

There are two problems. One is defining interfaces. The other is
referring to compound types. My syntax for the former was almost the
same as Martijn's (and thus non-Python). My syntax for the other was
directly based on Tim's. Neither of my syntaxes are "Python" but neither
are Tim and Martijn's.

Perhaps you can quote the syntax that you object to and propose an
alternative.
Three things never trust in: That's the vendor's final bill
The promises your boss makes, and the customer's good will
http://www.geezjan.org/humor/computers/threes.html