[Types-sig] Interface files

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:36:31 +0100

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Why in the heck should I have to go and code up a separate file? In a
> > separate language? That is nonsense. Really. And no, I'd rather not be
> > diplomatic here. Saying that we are going to use Yet Another Goddamned
> > Language is the wrong move.
>
> I'm not taking sides here, but I want to note that none of the takers
> on my latest challenge have shown separate interface files.  All the
> ones I've seen used inline syntax.  So perhaps it's not even necessary
> to get all bent out of shape over this one.  Or perhaps one of the
> proponents could post an example instead of responding directly to
> Greg's screaming.  (Too much sugar again, Greg? :-)

I'm not a real proponent of interface files (I used an inline syntax
before) but I just posted an example of a non inline syntax in this very
thread. I'm hereby maliciously choosing both sides at the same time. :)

Basically I came up with this non inline syntax to prove my point that
even
that can be turned into an inline one easily, but it may have merits of
its own.

Regards,

Martijn