[Types-sig] Attributes proposal

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:19:36 -0800

My proposal for handling attributes is this:

An attribute's type can be declared. Writes to the attribute from the
same module can be statically type checked (if requested). Writes to the
attribute from other modules are checked at runtime. That way we can
always know the type of the attribute value and can therefore make
reasonable use of the attribute in statically type checked functions.

Opinions?

Three things never trust in: That's the vendor's final bill
The promises your boss makes, and the customer's good will
http://www.geezjan.org/humor/computers/threes.html