[Types-sig] Handling attributes

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:49:18 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Paul Prescod wrote:
> > Yes. My reluctance to specify types for instance variables is caused by
> > problems with designing a nice, inline syntax for it. If you're not
> > worrying about an inline syntax, then you can definitely add typedecls for
> > instance and class attributes.
>
> Okay, but what about all of the other questions (updated slightly):

I didn't reply to them because I didn't really have much of an opinion :-)

In general, I might say: punt. Don't worry about that stuff right now.
Worry about phase 1. Refining assignment behavior can come later, as that
"should" be independent of what occurs in the first phase.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/