[Types-sig] Re: expression-based type assertions (was: Static typing considered...UGLY)

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:39:55 -0800

Greg Stein wrote:

> In fact, I would even say that the only type declarations used would be
> associated with function params and returns (and not variable).

How do we handle attribute values? We can't just say "interfaces" unless
we agree that interfaces allow type declarations to be associated with
instance variables. And if we start associating type declarations with
attribute names as we do parameter names, why wouldn't we also allow
that for local and global variables?

Three things to be wary of: A new kid in his prime
A man who knows the answers, and code that runs first time
http://www.geezjan.org/humor/computers/threes.html