[Types-sig] Module protection

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 22:41:25 -0800

> However, there are some examples of dynamic code usage that are
> fishy.  Examples include adding or changing globals in other modules
> (except for the rare global that is intended to be a settable option),
> or messing with the __builtin__ module.

I am glad you agree. Actually I took out a feature that allowed you to
say that a module namespace (or particular name) was constant. I'll
leave that to you since it is not directly required for static typing.
All I require for static typing is that you don't replace sys.exit with
a function that returns a string or replace sys.version with a file
object.
Three things to be wary of: A new kid in his prime
A man who knows the answers, and code that runs first time
http://www.geezjan.org/humor/computers/threes.html