[Types-sig] Plea for help.

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 11:28:52 -0500

Paul Prescod wrote:

> Here's my plea for help: among the many "Python compiler"
> projects out there there must be some good Python code for
> walking around ASTs building type (or at least module)
> representation objects. I think that JPython is wirtten in Java.
> What else should I be looking at?

Probably the Python2C stuff that reformats a standard Python
parse tree into something saner. Another possibility might be
John Aycock's stuff; but his Python grammar doesn't produce
an AST (it only verifies), and the grammar has some errors. I
think Aaron Watters also did a Python grammar (for 1.4?), but
I never looked at that.

- Gordon