[Types-sig] So What is Python Anyway?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sat, 04 Dec 1999 10:25:19 -0700

All these radical suggestions for the transmogrification of Python 2
leads me to the overwhelming question.  What is Python?  What makes us
use this language?  What are the particular use-cases that we think
impede our use of this language?  I think that maybe a comprehensive and
convincing description of the problem that the types-sig is trying to
solve is essential before we go down the road of more proposals to
cripple Python's dynamicism and all that.

--
Uche Ogbuji
FourThought LLC, IT Consultants