[Types-sig] VB Types

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 06:52:22 -0600

David Ascher wrote:

> How does VB handle specifying types which are not one of the atomic types?
> (e.g. list of (tuple or dictionaries) of length 5 or fewer?)

Good question. It seems to handle fixed (and variable?) length arrays.

Dim Washington(1 To 100) As StateData

It also has a concept of a "struct" which they call a "user defined
type".

Type StateData
    CityCode (1 To 100) As Integer    ' Declare a static array.
    County As String
End Type

Of course for Python, we would use square brackets for array bounds and
classes for structs.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more
specific." --Lily Tomlin