[Types-sig] Re: [meta-sig] Re: The Types-SIG is comatose. Let's retire it.

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 19:08:54 -0500 (EST)

  GS> Meta issue: I'm not sure that I agree the types-sig should stay
  GS> alive simply because some traffic is inserted when a
  GS> threat-of-execution has arisen. The impetus for the SIG is (IMO)
  GS> obviously gone, despite some people's unstated desires to see
  GS> work done along this path.

I don't remember anymore what the impetus was.  The problem I see is
that a lot of work is going to be required to make much progress on
extending the type system.  In the absence of anyone willing and able
to do the work (whatever it is), there's not much point to a SIG.

  GS> I'd recommend closing the SIG and letting this discussion move
  GS> elsewhere.

Yes.

Jeremy