[Types-sig] Q: What are Meta-classes anyhoo?

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 23:36:23 -0500

[Evan Simpson]
> I'm not sure where Tim Peters stands,

Like you, Tim has been ill, way too busy, and is having major email problems
too.  I'll let you know where he stands once he's caught up enough that he
thinks he knows himself.

> except that John's approach really bothers him <wink>.

I have more sympathy for John's technical approach than he'll ever know.
His approach to "persuasion" does drive me batty, though -- takes a long
time to digest one of his posts, and in the end trying to extract a concrete
suggestion is like pulling teeth (something I've also had too much
experience with lately <drool>).  Reminds me of this justly famous line from
the 1979 Preface to G. Spencer-Brown's odd little "Laws of Form":

    I did not think then, having given the world the method, that I
    should eventually be required to apply it to the problem myself.

> 10. There is no point #10.

11. Point #10 is no longer operative; however, there is no point #11.

metapoint-to-close-a-metapost-ly y'rs  - tim