[Types-sig] Re: Meta-classes discussion starter

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Tue, 01 Dec 1998 10:18:37 -0500

Interesting patch.  "Brotherly hooks" -- I like that :-)

Question for the types-sig readers: is it warranted to add this to the
next release?  I *could* smuggle it into 1.5.2 but I'm noty convinced.
It might even break existing code (Don B's tricks, or Jim F's
extension classes hooks).  Opinions?  Personally, I think I won't be
using or documenting this and I won't guarantee that it's still there
in 1.6 -- since in 2.0 things will probably be different (or the same,
but that's hard to say -- the metaclasses stuff is 100% sure to change
in 2.0 anyway and I won't promise b/w compatibility there).