[Tutor] how can a value be retrieved from an event loop?

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 17:15:03 EST 2023

On 17/11/23 20:02, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:

> It was your comment that you wanted something like Scale
> that triggered the idea - that's how Scale works too.

Thank you again Alan,

I had  look through my past projects and I see that I've used scale with
"command=on_change" quite often but I've "variable=" in conjunction
with   IntVar and DoublrVar. I've  also discovered that I've used
"command=" in my Led class to detect when the status of a led has
changed, so I could probably have used that idea the get a value from
the knob class as well.

I used to be able to read a text book from cover to cover and then do
well in an exam, now I cannot even remember reading the book. A failing
memory is just yet another frustration of ageing.

--
Regards,
Phil