[Tutor] My response. Not expecting a reply.

Ed Connell edwinconnell at gmail.com
Tue May 2 11:18:58 EDT 2023

Thank you for your response and particularly for your suggestions.

This is my attempt to implement them.

My real question was the malfunctions.  I have concluded that my system
shows the results while it is still bringing up the standard output window.
I should have said, "attempts to write before..."

Oh well!

Ed

import random
import time

for run in range(1): #usually 1 but trying multiple runs through in one
pass.

    # build result, number choices, and choice count lists
    result = []
    nums = list(range(10))
    choice_count = 10*[0]

    print(f'\n\nrun {run+1}, number choices {nums}\n')

    time.sleep(0.5) # seems to work for 0.5 or more uncommented

    for _ in range( 36 ): # tried 10 - 40
        choice = random.choice( nums )
        result.append(choice)
        print(result)
        choice_count[choice] += 1
        if choice_count[choice] == 4:
            nums.remove(choice)
            print( 'Removing', choice,'leaving', sorted(nums) )

    numavailable = []
    for i in range(10):
        numavailable.append(4-choice_count[i])

    print()
    print('numbers left',sorted(nums))
    print('result',result)
    print('number of each used',choice_count)
    print('number left of each',numavailable)

--
I have a right and a left brain, but there is nothing right in the left one
and there is nothing left in the right one!