[Tutor] question about Scribe window

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 20:15:13 EST 2023

On 31/01/2023 23:40, Melinda Fatani wrote:

> are going well, but my student can't open a Scribe window.  We made sure
> that we have the latest Python download, but there is no bar at the top of
> his IDLE window to open a Scribe window.  Is there a way to do that, if it
> doesn't show the tool bar at the top?

I'm going to guess that you are using a Mac?
The mac version of IDLE does not have a toolbar (I don't
undertand why since IDLE is a Tkinter app so shuld be
platform independent!)

To get a new "Edit" window - which is what I assume you
mean by "scribe"? - just use the menubar and the
File->New File menu item. This will open a new empty
editor window.

If you are not using a Mac, or that doesn't work, then
please respond with more details of OS, Python version
and a URL for the course you are following.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site