[Tutor] question

Prayash Bhuyan bhuyanprayash18 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 04:41:07 EDT 2023

import random

# list of names
names_list = ["ayush","bhargav","akankhya","prayash"]

# dictionary to keep track of numbers assigned to names
#numbers_dict = {}

# prompt the user for a name and randomly assign a number to the name
for name in names_list:
    while True:
        user_input = input("Enter name: ")
        if user_input.casefold() in names_list:
            group = random.randint(1, 4)
            #numbers_dict[user_input] = number
            print(user_input,'your group is',group)
            break
        else:
            print("Name not in list. Please try again.")

this is my code i am writing a code where the computer asks the user for a
name and if the name is in the list then it randomly assigns a number which
in this case is the group number ..Now suppose I have 20 members in the
lsit and I want to form four groups with five members in each group ..now a
particular random number between 1 and 4 should only appear 5 times and not
more than that because if that occurs members will not be equally divided
in the group ..thats what i want...and it is not an assignment it's
something that i am doing to satisfy my curiosity