[Tutor] Tkinter isn't working on Beagle Bone Black

Eryk Sun eryksun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 21:56:45 EDT 2022

On 11/1/22, Alan Gauld via Tutor <tutor at python.org> wrote:

> You need to install tkinter.
> But I'd use the apt tool if possible. Pip is OK but I
> always found the software update tools in Linux to be
> simpler/safer.

tkinter is part of Python's standard library and has to be installed
via the system package manager or, on Windows, by enabling the
tkinter/IDLE component of the installer. There is no "tkinter" package
on PyPI. The "tk" package is TensorKit, which is apparently a deep
learning helper between Python and C++. It has nothing to do with the
Tk GUI toolkit.