[Tutor] Tkinter threads

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 18:58:33 EST 2022

Alan mentioned the use of threads when replying to the Class access rules thread.

  # ideally put this loop in a thread

 From what I understand, and I haven't researched this topic deeply, tkinter is not multithreaded. How might I put a loop into it's own thread?

I have a project (Conway's game of life) where either the GUI or the calculation code needs to be in independent threads. The GUI is very sluggish to unresponsive while cell generations are being calculated. This is a wxpython project, perhaps tkinter handles threads in a way that's more understandable to the amateur programmer.

--
Regards,
Phil