[Tutor] make a sqlite3 database from an ordinary text file

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 18:55:02 EDT 2022

On 20/06/2022 22:22, Mats Wichmann wrote:

>> We weren't saying not to use Python for processing SQL data.
>> It was specifically about creating the schema in Python
>
> This isn't as true (especially the "have to embed sql anyway") if you're
> using an ORM.

Thats true, but then an ORM is there to pretend that a SQL
RDBMS is actually an OODB. So using SQL for anything is
likely to break stuff because the ORM controls how the
relationships are set up and mapped.

But I confess I've rarely used ORMs, I'd rather just use
a real Object Database if I need to maage persistent objects.
But I' haven't done much of that either, in fact the only
OODB I'd say I'd recommend is Objectivity, although I'd
like to have a play with ZODB someday.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site