[Tutor] Tkinter and matplotlib

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Sat Feb 12 12:24:33 EST 2022

On Sat, 12 Feb 2022 12:10:17 +1100, Phil <phillor9 at gmail.com> declaimed the
following:

>Thanks for the links. By the way, I'm not trying to simulate a CRO, it's

	I'd refrained from asking just what you had meant by CRO... I suspected
cathode ray oscilloscope -- but earlier in the same paragraph you mention
capacitor resistor oscillator...

>just an exercise to embed matplotlib in Tkinter and then test it with
>some data.

	Heh... I suspect I'd have pulled in the random module and rolled dice
(say a 3D6 which would tend to center around 11.5 but with excursions
possible to 3 and 18; a single die would jump too much since any of the 6
states is equally likely)

	From what I could tell, there wasn't really much involved in the
Tkinter part -- create a placeholder for the plot, then user a matplotlib
backend that understands Tkinter to fill it in...

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/