[Tutor] PYTHON INSTALLATION PROBLEM

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 19:39:50 EDT 2021

On 29/10/2021 22:38, Jose Rivera wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded the latest version of python to my Mac book but
> when I click on the python launcher on my dock is not opening.

I'm not a Mac user so don;t know for sure what the installer does.
However, Python is normally a command-line interpreter without a GUI.

Try opening your terminal application and typing python.

You should see something fairly similar to:

Python 3.8.10 (default, Sep 28 2021, 16:10:42)
[GCC 9.3.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.

If the version corresponds to the one you installed then
everything is probably as it should be.

If not copy 'n paste the command and error message into a mail and
hopefully one of our mac users can help.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site