[Tutor] A Multiple Concatenation Problem

Stephen P. Molnar s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 17 13:39:44 EDT 2020

I have a Computational Chemisry Problem where I generate a large number
of text files with names differing only in an index in the file suffix
of the form <ligand>.$i.log.

My problem is how do I go from <ligand> to <ligand>.$i.log where '$i" is
iterated from 1 to 10. in a subsequent section of the pytho script?

All that Google does is increase my confusion.

Finally, this is not a school assignment, nor do I wish t initiate a
string of nasty comments/. What I am looking for is a point in the
appropriate direction.

Thanks in advance

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.