[Tutor] Running python files

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:28:46 EDT 2020

This seemingly simple problem has me scratching my head. How do I run a
python file from a directory other than the directory that the python
file is in? It's a little more complex than my question implies.

For example, "python3 ~/somedirectory/somefile.py" runs without a
problem. However if somefile.py requires resources such as .png files
then somefile.py won't run because those resources cannot be found.
These resources are also stored in /somedirectory. The same somefile.py
does run if stated from somedirectory.

Adding somedirectory to my user path didn't help and I've experimented
with Python_Path but that's not the answer either.

I'm trying to run somefile.py from the system menu.

--
Regards,
Phil