[Tutor] Duplicate items in list

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 10 06:14:45 EDT 2020

On 10/10/2020 04:09, Manprit Singh wrote:

> I would like to see suggestions for the solution of the problem given in my
> last mail without using any python standard library module .Is it possible ?

You have had several suggestions, including your own suggestions,
which are all valid. However, they are suboptimal since if the
standard library offers a better solution we should choose
that over writing our own code - it is likely to be faster,
more reliable and more consistent with other code.

If a standard library solution exists you should always use it
unless there are very strong reasons not to.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site