[Tutor] Chromedriver

jet pistol jet_pistol at outlook.fr
Tue May 26 15:37:26 EDT 2020

Hi, I was trying to get a webscrapping script to work on my rapsberry, It worked fine on my Windows 10.
I installed all modules, the chromium browser and the chromedriver. But this happens every time i try to launch the script on my rapsberry pi. I have no issues with all the modules import in python 3.8.3. I installed the arm7l version of chromedriver

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "webpronote.py", line 29, in <module>
    driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path='/usr/bin/chromedriver')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/chrome/webdriver.py", line 76, in __init__
    RemoteWebDriver.__init__(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 157, in __init__
    self.start_session(capabilities, browser_profile)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 252, in start_session
    response = self.execute(Command.NEW_SESSION, parameters)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 321, in execute
    self.error_handler.check_response(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/errorhandler.py", line 242, in check_response
    raise exception_class(message, screen, stacktrace)
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: Chrome failed to start: exited abnormally.
  (unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist)
  (The process started from chrome location /usr/bin/google-chrome is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.)

Thanks for helping me out with chromedriver