[Tutor] Replace nth item with single value in each nested list

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 14 17:32:18 EDT 2020

On 14/05/2020 15:28, EK Esawi via Tutor wrote:
> If a=[[1,2],[4,5],[7,8],[3,6]] then the desired results would be  a=[[1,2],[4,5],[7,11],[3,11]].
> if possible via list comprehension

Why do you want to use a list comprehension? They are used for creating
new lists not modifying existing ones. It rather sounds like a homework
exercise - a bad homework exercise at that. We don't do homework for
you, although we can offer suggestions.

But trying to force this into a list comprehension when it doesn't
naturally fit is a strange request. It can be done but it wouldn't
be very idiomatic Python.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site